It’s time to make your neighbors green with envy. (But only when it comes to gardening, of course!) Yes, this year’s lineup for our Gardening Live stage and How-to Garden is sure to help make your space greener, brighter and bolder.
Presented by Wintrust, the How-to Garden and Gardening Live stage were designed to host educational and interactive workshops fit for all experience levels and covering a range of topics. Whether it’s potting your own plant or discovering mulching techniques, you’re sure to leave with a green piece of insight and inspiration.
Other happenings include the AIFD Bobbi Cup Design Competition on March 14. This annual, live design competition will showcase the talents of some of the finest floral designers in the industry as they race to create the best display. Winners will be announced the same day—making it a fast-paced, petal-inspired event! The competition begins at 1pm; winner announced at 3:30pm.
GARDENING LIVE STAGE
- Shawna Coronado
- AIFD Bobbi Cup Design Competition
- Suzie Kostick, “I do…Glitz!” Wedding Show
- Heather Sherwood, “Growing Dwarf Evergreens in the Home Garden,”
“Forcing Branches for Spring Blooms,” and “Edible Spring Container Garden”
- Cook County Farm Bureau, “Farmer’s Opening Their Doors”
- Peterson Garden Project, “Tomato Trellising,” “Sowing Seeds & Succession Planting” and “Growing Potatoes”
- Kristie Webber, “Spring Container Gardens,” “Kitchen Herb How-to’s,”
and “Seed Saving 101”
- Back to the Roots
- Growing Power
- Nancy Clifton, “Flower Show Arrangements,” “Herbal Spa Ideas,”
“Container Tricks of the Trade” and “Attracting Pollinators to the Garden”
- William Moss
- The Seed Keeper Company
- Chris Olsen, “Refresh, Remix, Restyle”
- Dave Cantwell, “Pruning Basics,” “Mulching and Edging Techniques” and “Planting Trees and Shrubs”
- Tom Weaver, “Top 10 Houseplants,” and “Terrariums”
Hands-on Gardening Workshops
Daily at 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm
Potting Parties hosted by instructor Tu Bloom
Daily at 11am, 1pm and 3pm; 5:30pm time slot available on March 14, 19, 20 and 21.
*Potting Party spaces are limited, register upon arrival; $20 workshop and supply fee.
Be sure to review the full How-to Garden and Gardening Live schedule here. We can’t wait to see what you learn, discover and create at the 2015 Chicago Flower & Garden Show!