With Valentine’s Day around the corner and just over 30 days until the Chicago Flower & Garden Show, we’ve got flowers on our minds. More specifically, roses!
This is the first show in over a decade that will feature a rose garden—so we’re having two! We will feature a classic rose garden and a miniature rose garden to showcase the beauty, diversity and versatility of this ubiquitous and beautiful flower.
True to the Do Green. Do Good. theme of the show, both rose displays will focus on disease-resistant varieties that reduce the need for chemicals and insecticides. Rosy highlights will include:
- A rose room with shrub, English and old-garden roses
- Five varieties of low-maintenance hybrid tea roses from Star Roses and Plants and Weeks Roses
- Disease-resistant antique roses, provided by Chicago’s Gethsemane Garden Center
- For the Love of Roses‘ miniature rose garden will feature arrangements perfect for urban life—balconies, patios and containers. Additionally, for the Love of Roses’ Richard Anthony will expand on the versatility of miniature roses, with his seminar, “Growing Miniature Roses in Containers. It is Easy and Fun.”
- Susan Fox, of Gaga’s Garden, will be giving two presentations, “Miniature Roses: Hot New Color Spots for Your Garden” and “Landscaping with Roses”
- Expert rosarians from the American Rose Society will be on-hand to answer all your questions about cultivating roses
- And much more!
Can’t wait until March? We are tickled pink (and red!) to announce a special, one-day-only partnership with our presenting sponsor, Mariano’s. Buy a dozen roses ($20 or more) on Thursday, February 12th at any neighborhood Mariano’s and receive a complimentary ticket to the Chicago Flower & Garden Show! We repeat: if you buy a bouquet of roses at Mariano’s, you will get one FREE ticket to the Chicago Flower & Garden Show! What’s not to love?
Find your nearest Mariano’s and get a head start on your Valentine’s Day!
Share your bouquets with us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram! And don’t forget—just over one month left to get your show tickets online and save $2 off the box office price. Start planning your trip today!